Despite unbelievable snowstorms, our January 10th wine dinner featuring Duckhorn Wine Company of the Napa-Sonoma Regions, was a huge success! It was a smaller crowd than usual, but that made for a nice, intimate evening of good food & wine & laughter with friends. Thanks to everyone who participated, especially Cardiff Scott-Robinson, Assistant Winemaker, who made the treacherous journey through the weather to join us for the evening.
On the Menu for this Spectacular Event:
1. Smoked Salmon & Cheese Quiche with Lemongrass Hollandaise, paired with Decoy Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
2. Dungeness Crab & Vegetable Consomme with Creme Fraiche, paired with Migration Russian River Valley Chardonnay
3. Peppercorn Flatbread Pizza, brushed with Olive Oil & topped with Fig, Brie, Microgreens & a Balsamic Reduction, paired with Decoy Sonoma County Red Wine
4. Duck & Morel Mushroom Meatloaf with homemade Demi-glaze & Roasted Rainbow Carrots, paired with Paraduxx Proprietary Napa Valley Red Wine
5. Center-cut Prime Rib with Rosemary jus, Creamy Mashed Potatoes & a Red Beet-Horseradish Creme, paired with Duckhorn Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
6. Warm Date Cake with Hazelnut Creme Anglais, paired with 2004 La Quinta de la Rosa Port (not a Duckhorn product)